Thursday, June 25, 2015

Bird Practice - Watercolor Painting

I love watering down every paint type that I use (make washes and glazes), but for some reason I never became good friends with watercolors.
This was my 2nd attempt for this practice because I made the first one on a different kind of watercolor paper, lower quality I assume, and I didn't get even close to the effect that I wanted.
So please note, the quality of the paper is really important.
I wanted to keep it simple looking and not do a lot of details.
Watercolors require a lot of layers and some waiting time between each layer application.

Time: 1.5 hours
Fun level: 6/10
Difficulty level: 9/10
Success level: 5/10

It's a simple painting but still had to wait for it to dry, I don't like waiting.
The painting part itself is challenging which makes it pretty fun.
While this painting wasn't difficult to make, I find that watercolors are the hardest medium to master.
I did get it close looking to the reference image, but I'm not really satisfied with it. I could do better but that would require a lot more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment